- The Avian Inﬂuenza Virus used in Flupasol® is cultured in embryos of SPF eggs and subsequently inactivated by using Formalin. This compound denatures the virus in a way that it loses its infectivity but immunizing parts remain intact. The allantoic ﬂuid containing the virus is mixed with oil and emulsiﬁed.
- Thiomersal, a commonly used preservative, is added to the antigen at 1:20000 ratios.
- Oil adjuvant is formulated and prepared at Pasouk’s knowledge-based company.
The content of a dose:
The amount of virus needed to induce immunity at each dose is dependent on its 50 percent Egg Infective Dose (EID50) before formalin viral inactivation. The minimum EID50 in each dose of the vaccine is 107.5.
Flupasol® is an inactivated Avian Inﬂuenza (type A, subtype H9N2) vaccine used to vaccinate broiler and layer chickens against subacute forms of Avian Inﬂuenza type A, subtype H9N2 disease.
Dosage and Administration:
For one to seven-day-old chickens, 0.25 ml should only be injected subcutaneously in the neck. In chickens older than seven days, 0.3 ml may be injected subcutaneously in the neck or intramuscularly in the breast.
Keep the vaccine at ambient temperature for three to four hours before vaccination for better injectability. Shake the vaccine bottle well before use. Better results will be obtained if the container is shaken intermittently during vaccination. All instruments must be sterilized prior to injection.
Warnings and Precautions:
- The immune response will be higher if the chickens are healthy and not stressed.
- A small but transient complication may be observed at the site of injection.
- The Chickens’ feed intake is not affected by this vaccine. However, should there be a change in the chickens’ feed intake, the causes must be identiﬁed.
- This product is for veterinary use only.
Store at 2 to 8 °C and away from direct light. Avoid storage below 0°C or in direct contact with ice. Keep the vaccine at ambient temperature three to four hours prior to vaccination. The contents of each bottle should be used within 24 hours from the start of vaccination and any remaining vaccine should be discarded as soon as possible.
Flupasol® is provided in 500 ml polypropylene bottles containing 2000 doses if 0.25 ml is injected.
There are no reviews yet.