Inactivated vaccine against Newcastle Diseases (ND-Genotype VII) and Avian Influenza subtype H9N2(AI-H9N2)
Newpasol 102+® Ingredients:
- The viral component of Newpasol 102+® are cultured in embryonated SPF chicken eggs and subsequently is inactivated by using Formalin. By this method, the virus loses its infectivity but retains its immunity-inducing capabilities. This vaccine contains two major components:
- Lentogenic Newcastle Disease Virus strain V4
- Avian Inﬂuenza, subtype H9N2 (Isolated in Iran)
- Thiomersal, a commonly used preservative, is added to the antigen at 1:20000 ratios.
- Oil adjuvant is formulated and prepared at Pasouk knowledge-based company.
Active ingredient per dose:
The amount of virus needed to induce immunity at each dose is dependent on the 50 percent Egg Infective Dose (EID50) before virus inactivation. The minimum EID50 required for each virus is described below:
Newcastle Disease Virus strain V4 …………………. 108
Avian Inﬂuenza , subtype H9N2………………… 107.5
Newpasol 102+® is a bivalent vaccine used to prevent Newcastle Disease and Avian Inﬂuenza (subtype H9N2).
Dosage and Administration:
For one to seven-day-old chickens, 0.2 ml, and in chickens older than seven days, 0.3 ml should be injected. In one to sevenday-old chickens, the vaccine may only be administered subcutaneously in the neck whereas, in older chickens, the product may be administered by either subcutaneous or intramuscular routes.
Keep the vaccine at ambient temperature for three to four hours before vaccination for better injectability. Shake the vaccine bottle well before use. Better results will be obtained if the container is shaken intermittently during vaccination. All instruments must be sterilized before injection.
Warnings and Precautions:
- The immune response will be improved if the chickens are healthy and not stressed.
- A small but transient complication may be observed at the site of injection.
- The Chickens’ feed intake is not affected by this vaccine. Should there is a change in the chickens’ feed intake, the causes should be identiﬁed.
- This product is for veterinary use only.
Store at 2 to 8 °C and away from direct light. Avoid storage below 0°C or in direct contact with ice. Keep the vaccine at ambient temperature three to four hours before vaccination. The contents of each bottle should be used within 24 hours, and any remaining vaccine should be discarded as soon as possible.
Newpasol 102+® is provided in 500 ml polypropylene bottles containing 2500 doses if 0.2 ml is injected.